Thursday, March 20, 2008
FAQ - Automation - QTP (131 to 140)
131. What are the draw backs of QTP?
* QTP takes very long to open huge tests. Also CPU utilization becomes 100% in that case.
* QTP scripts are heavy as it stores all the html files (for active screen) as well.
* Block commenting is not provided till 8.2 version.
132. What are the extension of file..........
* Per test object repository : filename.mtr (Mercury Test Repository)
* Shared Object repository : filename.tsr (Test Shared Repository)
* User Defined Library File : filename .vbs
* Test Batch Runner File : filename .mtb
* QTP Recovery Scenario File : filename .qrs
133. What are two types of automation in QTP ?
There are 2 types of automation
* Recording or generating the script and playing back using Repository
* Another one is Descriptive method.
134. What is Object repository?
Object repository in qtp is like a storage place where it stores the properties of all the objects when we record the script and later when we execute the script QTP checks that the objects in the application match the objects in the object repository and executes it, if both the objects matches the test will pass, if it cannot identify the object or there is a mismatch the script will fail.
Object repository is same as GUI map in winrunner where we have to make the tool capture the properties of object where as in QTP object repository automatically does that for us.
135. Tell about Per-action repository modes
In this, for each action a separate object repository file is created. So object1 in Action1 is different from the same object1 in Action2
This mode is most useful, when the object does not change frequently and a few actions are associated with the test. If the object changes in the application, then we need to change each of the object repositories.
136. Tell about Shared object repository modes
In this, common object repository file can be used for multiple actions and multiple tests. So Object1 is action1 is same for Action2, because all the objects are saved at one place. Here if the object changes, then we need to update a single object repository files.
137. What is the Advantage & Disadvantage Per-action repository?
* As you record operations on objects in your application, QuickTest automatically stores the information about those objects in the appropriate action object repository.
* When you save your test, all of the action object repositories are automatically saved with the test as part of each action within the test. The action object repository is not accessible as a separate file (as is the shared object repository).
* Modifying the test object properties, values, or names in one object repository does not affect the information stored for the same test object in another object repository or in other tests - Time Consuming
* If you add objects to one of the split actions, the new objects are added only to the corresponding action object repository.
138. What are the Advantage & Disadvantage Shared object repository?
* Only one instance of the object in the repository so reduce the repetitions
* one time change to the object properties would bring change in every script using the object
* Complexity increase as objects of all the action are in the same repository
139. Can we change the name of the Check points?
QTP does not allow changing the name of Check point in QTP 8.x, because these class names are internally built. But in version 9.x it is possible to change.
140. What is a Transaction?
A Transaction is a logical unit of work that comprises one or more SQL statements executed by a single user or it is a group of statements between two commits